OBC netas to send 1 lakh objections from each district: Chhagan Bhujbal | India News – Times of India

OBC netas to send 1 lakh objections from each district: Chhagan Bhujbal | India News - Times of India



NASHIK: Leaders of the OBC community plan to send at least 1 lakh objections to state government’s draft notification on Maratha reservation from each district, said cabinet minister Chhagan Bhujbal.
Bhujbal has been spearheading a peaceful movement against any move of state government to provide reservation to the Maratha community within the OBC quota.
“OBC workers have started reaching out to the people, both in urban and rural areas, after state government came out with the draft notification in the last week of January,” Bhujbal told TOI.
He added that these objections from the OBC community will draw attention of state government to the ‘disastrous’ impact of the draft notification on OBC reservation.
“I am convinced that the lakhs of objections that state government will receive will compel it to take note of the resentment prevailing within the OBC community and take corrective measures,” he added.
According to him, the exercise of reaching out to the OBC community will also help in creating awareness on the issue among the people of the community, especially in rural areas.
Bhujbal, who tendered his resignation on Nov 16, 2023, over the Maratha quota issue, said neither chief minister Eknath Shinde nor the two deputy chief ministers – Devendra Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar – had spoken to him after he went public with his resignation during the OBC rally in Ahmednagar on Feb 3. Shinde is yet to accept his resignation.
Reiterating that he is not opposed to the Marathas getting reservation, Bhujbal said his criticism of state government will continue if the Marathas are given reservation within the OBC quota.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *